Eric J. Schwabe
College of CDM
Winter 2019 Courses:
CSC 355 Database Sytsems
501, Loop Campus, Mon/Wed 11:50am-1:20pm -- first class meeting January 7th)
(Section 502, Loop Campus, Mon/Wed 1:30pm-3:00pm -- first class meeting
Course syllabi will available
by December 15th. More detailed information will be
posted here for enrolled students by
the day of the first class meeting.
- Parallel Algorithms and Architectures
- Interconnection Networks
- Disk Arrays
- Algorithms, Graph Theory, Combinatorics
- Optimizing Large Data Transfers
in Parity-Declustered Data Layouts. Journal of
Computer and System Sciences, Vol. 81, No 4., pp 271-291, June 2015. (with I. M.
- Efficient Data
Mappings for Parity-Declustered Data Layouts.
Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 325, No 3., pp.
391-407, October 2004. (with I. M. Sutherland.)
- Balancing Load versus Decreasing Communication: Parameterizing the Tradeoff.
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Vol. 61, No. 5, pp. 567-580, May
2001. (with V. E. Taylor, B. K. Holmer, and M. R. Hribar.)
- Flexible Usage of Redundancy in Disk Arrays.
Theory of Computing Systems, Vol. 32, pp. 561-587, August 1999.
(with I. M. Sutherland.)
- Efficient Algorithms for Dynamic Allocation of Distributed Memory.
Algorithmica, Vol. 24, pp. 139-171, March 1999.
F. T. Leighton.)
- Real-Time Emulations of Bounded-Degree Networks.
Information Processing Letters, Vol. 66, No. 5, pp. 269-276, June 1998.
B. M. Maggs.)
- Evaluating Approximately Balanced Parity-Declustered Data Layouts for Disk Arrays.
Parallel Computing, Vol. 23, No. 4-5, pp. 501-523, May 1997. (with I. M. Sutherland
and B. K. Holmer.)
- Improved Parity-Declustered Layouts for Disk Arrays. Journal of Computer and
System Sciences, Vol. 53, No. 3, pp. 328-343, December 1996. (with I. M. Sutherland.)
Complete publications list
College of CDM
243 South Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60604
Phone: (312) 362-5943
J. Schwabe - 11/02/18